Sacramento County Water Agency

Temporary Construction Water Permitting

Temporary Construction Water Permitting is a temporary water supply usually used for construction purposes.  On rare occasions the SCWA will receive a request to use a fire hydrant to fill swimming pools and the SCWA usually grants the request provided the permittee has the necessary apparatus.  Within the Temporary Construction Water Permits there are several State Laws that the Agency is required to enforce. The regulations are located within the AWWA, page two of the Temporary Construction Water Permit Application and the Permit Placard.  The regulations are not a suggestion and the violator will be fined accordingly.

Listed below are the steps for how to apply for a Temporary Construction Water Permit:

  1. Check to see if your project resides in the SCWA service area, visit “Locate Your Water Purveyor”. You will need a physical address to use this feature.
  2. After you have determined that the project resides within the SCWA’s service area complete an application and email the application to Sean Martin or Danny Lopez. The emails can be located under “Contact Information”.
  3. It usually takes 24 hours to set up a permit due to the staff being in the field, so please notify the staff prior to showing up. The location of our facility is located at 10151 Florin Road, Sacramento, CA 95829 (Between Bradshaw Rd & Excelsior Rd). We are in Building 92, closest to the flag pole. 

Payment Options

By Check:  Please send all checks to P.O. Box 1587, Sacramento, CA 95814 and include a copy of the Fee Summary so the accounting staff can apply the money to the correct permit.

On-line:  Invoices can also be paid on-line. Have your accounting staff register for an on-line account.  Once they have an account, they can login and select “Search for a water permit”.  Put your permit number (sample permit number CWPX2010-00045) in the field labeled “Record Number:” and click Search.  The results of the search will be shown below.  Expand the "Fees" section and select “Pay Fee Due.”  From there you can pay for the permit with a credit card.  There is a convenience fee that all credit card companies charge when making payments and the county passes this fee onto the card holder.