​​​​​​​​​​​​​Who Are We...

The Department of Water Resources is the organization primarily responsible for drainage engineering, and​ drainage operations and maintenance within the Stormwater Utility Service Area of unincorporated Sacramento County.

We also provide water supply engineering and operations and maintenance services as the Sacramento County Water Agency to over 55,000 homes and businesses in the Laguna-Vineyard, Mather-Sunrise, Arden/Sierra Oaks, Hood, Northgate, and Southwest Tract areas, including the Cities of Rancho Cordova and Elk Grove.

Be Storm Ready

Call 311 if you see flooding or need drainage assistance during rain storms.  Before the rain falls, make sure storm drains are clear of leaves and debris.  Only Rain Down The Drain.

Sandbags Available

There are also 3 sandbag locations open for if you live unincorporated Sacramento County.  Sacramento County's sandbag sites are self-serve.  Bags and sand are available at each location, but you must bring you​r own shovel.​

  • Orangevale Community Center (6826 Hazel Ave.)​

  • Jose P. Rizal Community Center (7320 Florin Mall Dr.)

  • ​Sacramento Metropolitan Fire Station #116 (7995 Elwyn Ave.) **New Rio Linda Location**​

Departm​ent Directory

Contact Us



If you have any questions about your water bill, water usage or would like to start service please contact Consolidated Utilities Billing and Service (CUBS) at (916) 875-5555 or via email: utilities@sac​county.gov​.​

IF you have drainage issues call 311.  Technical staff

may visit your property to assess