Storm Ready

Flood Insurance for Renters

A residential tenant can get a PRP rate for as low as $49 for $8,000 in contents coverage. When the PRP extension expires, the standard rate will go up to $179 for $10.000 contents coverage.

​Can a  lender require flood insurance if a residence or business is outside the mapped floodplain?

A few lenders may still require flood insurance based on their lending policies even when a structure lies outside a SFHA. If a residence or business has been removed from the SFHA, premiums paid on flood insurance should be decreased to reflect the lower flood risk.