This Project will provide several critical improvements to the Arden Service Area’s distribution system:
- Improved system reliability and additional fire-flow capacity: Larger water mains will help provide better system redundancy and additional water supplies to meet fire flow requirements. Fire hydrants will be added to the project area to meet Fire Code spacing requirements (every 500 feet for residential and every 300 feet for commercial areas.)
- Meet separation standards for drinking water mains: New water mains placed into the street-right-away will help SCWA meet the current separation requirements from sanitary sewer and drainage facilities.
- Lower operation and maintenance costs: The replacement of older and undersized water mains will reduce maintenance cost of day-to-day operations.
- Meet state deadline for water meter implementation: The installation of water meters will achieve system compliance with the state requirement that all water services have meters installed by 2025.
February 7, 2024
On Monday, February 12, 2024, Teichert will begin water main installation in Zone A and B through roads south of Fair Oaks Blvd. Residents and commuters should expect partial road closures. Please follow detour signs, lane and sidewalk closures and speed reduction signs. No parking barricades will be posted to help residents, visitors, and commuters to avoid parking in the construction zones. If you live on or near a street where work is being performed, please wait until a flagger or inspector waves you to ingress or egress to your home or to cross the street safely. Remember to stay clear of the equipment and construction activities to ensure safety for those not wearing proper personal protection equipment.
Water main installation is scheduled on the following streets beginning the week of February 12, 2024 during day time hours of 8:00A.M – 3:30 P.M.:
• Sierra Lane
• Park Sierra Lane
• Fairgate Road
• Skube Lane
• Rio Del Oro Lane
November 15, 2023
Teichert began potholing in Zone B to verify existing utilities prior to installing the water main. Crews will continue potholing in the orders shown by the zones throughout the Project area.
Most work done in Zone B will be night work to minimize traffic impacts during the day. Commuters should expect partial road closures in Zone B on Fair Oaks Blvd. Night work hours are from 8:00 P.M. – 6:00 A.M. On minor streets near residential properties, day work is to be expected between 8:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Expect noise, street detours, lane closures, “No Parking” signs and speed reduction signs in Zone B.
Work in Zone C is expected to begin after Thanksgiving.
October 16, 2023
Teichert began potholing in Zone A to verify existing utilities prior to install the water main. Crews will continue potholing in the orders shown by the zones throughout the Project area.
Most work done in Zone A will be night work to minimize traffic impacts during the day. Commuters should expect partial road closures in Zone A on Fair Oaks Blvd and Munroe Street. Night work hours are from 8:00 P.M. – 6:00 A.M. On minor streets near residential properties, day work is to be expected between 8:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Expect noise, street detours, lane closures, “No Parking” signs and speed reduction signs in Zone A.
View the pre-construction presentation highlighting what will occur in this phase for customers.
Public Meeting Questions and Answers
Here are the responses to questions asked during public outreach presentation.
- Project Presentation - August 10, 2023 Virtual
- Board of Director’s Approval – June 7, 2023
- Bid Date – April 21, 2023
- Contract Award – July 11, 2023
- Begin Phase 1B Construction – October 2023
- End Phase 1B Construction - October 2024 (tentative)
Phone: (916) 874-3070